LANGUAGE ON-LINE PORTFOLIO
LOLIPOP is a Lingua Action 2 project under the Socrates of the European Commission
What is LOLIPOP?
LOLIPOP is an exciting new tool for language learning. This multilingual, on-line, interactive version of the European Language Portfolio with an enhanced intercultural dimension is designed to help students in Higher Education to become more autonomous, to reflect on their learning, and to self-assess their language and intercultural skills.
Learners who use LOLIPOP will
- Be more autonomous in their learning
- See the process of language learning as a continuous activity that goes beyond the classroom
- Showcase their language competence even when they have finished formal education
- Be able to self-assess and reflect on their language skills
- Have the opportunity to communicate with learners outside of their own environment through the Share function
Teachers who use LOLIPOP with their students will
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning through eLearning
- Integrate intercultural learning in their students’ language learning
- Provide a bridge between the classroom and other forms of learning
- Have the opportunity to communicate with other users of LOLIPOP throughout the EU
- Facilitate European integration and mobility by cooperating with other teachers and learners through the Share function
Who are the developers of LOLIPOP?
The LOLIPOP Portfolio was developed by twelve institutions of Higher Education from eight countries across Europe, who participated in a 3-year project (2004-2007) funded by Socrates under the Lingua 2 programme.
- ... Dublin City University, Ireland (Lead Partner)
- ... Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Universidad di Granada, Spain
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications de Bretagne, France
- Paris-Lodron Universität Salzburg, Austria
- Høgskolen I Telemark, Norway
- Valodu macibu centrs, Latvia
- Wyzsza Szkola Ekonomii I Administracji im. Prof. Edwarda Lipinskiego, Kielce, Poland
- Polish Association for Standards in English, Poland
- Politechnika Poznanska, Poland
Add logos of each institution (you can find them on the LOLIPOP website)
Further information from www.lolipop-portfolio.eu e-mail: email@example.com